When someone decides to go on a weight loss mission, most of the time they pull all stops – from giving up on junk food to including physical activity and exercise in their daily routine, but sadly, some people do not see positive results on the weighing scale even after taking extreme measures. In such situations, additional boost in the form of herbs would help a great deal in not only weight loss but in improving overall health as well. There are some really amazing herbs that can help a great deal to improve one’s metabolism and promote fat loss. We have made a list of 45 herbs that you can pick and choose for weight loss and good health. It is quite evident through studies and research that these herbs can enhance body’s metabolism, boost immunity, and reduce inflammation, all of which lead to faster burning of calories and quicker weight loss.
How Herbs Work with regards to Weight Loss:
1. Certain herbs work as diuretics which means they clear water weight from the body and help relieve water retention, bloating and swelling.
2. Some herbs are thermogenic as they increase body’s heat and this rise in temperature increases enzyme activity and also boost metabolism, which in turns up speeds up fat burning.
3. Fat burning – A few herbs have fat-burning properties (lioplysis) which means they have the ability to oxidize fat and increase lean body mass.
4. Reduce appetite – Yes, you heard it right! A few herbs are extremely effective in curbing hunger pangs because they act as appetite suppressants.
5. They also are a rich source of antioxidants which help flush out toxins from the body and protect us against metabolic disorders, which can cause slow burning of calories.
6. By increasing metabolic rate because once the metabolism is higher, the rate at which calories burn goes up considerably.
7. Reduces stress level.
8. Stabilizes and regulates blood sugar level.
9. Put the body into a high fat-burning state.
Side Effects of Ingesting Herbs:
Even though herbs are completely natural, still they can have mild to severe side effects if one overdoses. So, consult your doctor before adding any kind of herb into your diet. Here are some of the common side effects of ingesting herbs:
1. Electrolyte imbalance due to depletion of vitamins and minerals through the digestive system.
2. Can cause headaches.
3. Dehydration – excessive use of diuretic herbs can cause extreme water loss and dehydration.
4. Insomnia – can change the sleep pattern causing sleep disturbances.
5. Skin rashes, inflammation.
6. Nausea, vomiting
8. Difficulty concentrating, fatigue.
50 Herbs for Weight Loss and Good Health
1. Black cohosh – This herb has fukinolic acid which has estrogen-like properties that help relieve menopausal symptoms like hot flushes, mood swings, and night sweats.
2. Echinacea – Though it is a native North American coneflower, it is categorized as a herb and its flowers, roots, and leaves are used in traditional medicine. It is used to boost immune system, treat urinary tract infection, relieve skin inflammation and rashes, reduce joint and muscular disorders, and most importantly, it is a good antibiotic.
3. Feverfew – This flower is also called as medieval aspirin because it helps to treat migraine and headaches, helps to reduce chronic joint pain, fever, coughing. It is also very good at reducing stress and anxiety.
4. Garlic – Boosts metabolism, anti-inflammatory agent, detoxifies body, strengthens immune system, protects heart, lowers cholesterol, aids in digestion, reduces cold and cough symptoms.
5. Ginger – It is an amazing thermogenic food, raises body heat and helps body burn fat. It reduces the risk of cancer, relieves stress, and strengthens immunity.
6. Ginkgo biloba – This herb reduces the risk of cancer and nervous disorders. Stimulates blood circulation
7. Forskolin – Promotes breakdown of fat, increases thermogenesis, increases lean body mass.
8. Milk Thistle – Controls cholesterol, reduces risk of diseases such as cancer and diabetes. Also has anti-ageing benefits. Promotes weight loss.
9. Pysllium – Psyllium husk is made from the seed husk of the plantago ovato plant. Rich source of fiber, it helps with diabetes managements, promotes good bowel health, keeps you full, bulking agent, lowers LDL (bad) cholesterol.
10. Guggul herb extracts: Guggul gum resin has guggulsterone that lowers cholesterol and prevents accumulation of fat. It regulates metabolic rate in the body.
11. St. John’s wort – Has anti-cancer effect, controls anxiety and depression, lowers blood pressure. Helps boost weight loss process. Relieves PMS symptoms, strengthens immune system.
12. White willow – It reduces inflammation in the body because the salicin enzyme gets converted to salicylic acid and reduces inflammation and pain. The phenolic glycosides also relieve inflammation.
13. Coffee – Caffeine stimulates lipolysis or fat burning process by increasing catecholamine levels.
14. Elderberry – Boosts immune system, helps with weight loss. Lowers cholesterol, regulates blood sugar levels. Promotes healthy bones.
15. Prickly Pear – Boosts immune system, helps in weight management, reduces the risk of cancer and coronary artery diseases.
16. Spirulina – Works as an appetite suppressant. Has high protein content, keeps you feel satiated for long. Counted as a superfood because it provides body with lots of nutrients.
17. Moringa – Anti-inflammatory, boosts immune system, balances hormones. Counted as a superfood. Detoxifies body, clears water retention. Regulates sugar and insulin levels.
18. Basil/mint – Improves digestion, anti-inflammatory agent, fights depression and anxiety. Boosts immunity.
19 Ashwagandha – Ashwagandha is a root herb that is widely used in Indian traditional medicine because it improves energy, boosts metabolism, strengthens the immune system, and reduces stress. It is also a great source of antioxidants that flushes out toxins from the body.
20. Ginseng – Great antioxidant, helps with weight loss, improves blood flow and energy level.
21. Green Tea – Everyone is aware of the benefits of green tea, has high antioxidant levels, reduces water retention and water weight.
22. Dandelion – Mild diuretic, reduces cholesterol level. Enhances fat metabolism, reduce cholesterol.
23. Fenugreek – Appetite suppressant, reduces cholesterol level. Regulates blood sugar levels and insulin spikes.
24. Kelp – Regulates blood sugar, anti-inflammatory agent, detoxifies body, rich source of antioxidants.
25. Green Coffee – Rich source of antioxidants, boosts metabolism to burn fat, appetite suppressant, lowers blood sugar levels.
26. Giloy – Boosts immunity levels, helps improve digestion, regulates blood sugar, reduces anxiety.
27. Punarnava – Works as a diuretic, regulates blood sugar levels. Helps with weight loss.
28. Fennel – Rich in antioxidants, detoxifies body, rich source of fiber.
29. Honeysuckle – Honeysuckle flowers reduce inflammation, relieves stress and anxiety.
30. Hawthorn fruit – Relieves anxiety, lowers bad cholesterol, rich in antioxidants, boosts metabolism – burns fat.
31. Oolong tea – Regulates insulin levels, burns two times more calories than green tea, boosts immune system, boosts metabolism.
32. Spearmint – Works amazingly well to control PCOD symptoms, boosts metabolism.
33. Peppermint – Reduces appetite, boosts immune system, relieves bloating. Reduces stress.
34. Triphala: Lowers cholesterol level, reduces inflammation, boosts immunity. Reduces risk of cancer and bacterial infections.
35. Lemon verbena – Aids in weight loss, boosts immune system, reduces appetite.
36. Turmeric – Thermogenic food, multiple studies have shown that turmeric helps burn fat, boost metabolism, and also acts as an antioxidant, flushing out toxins from the body.
37. Gymnema sylvestre – Also called “madhunashini” in Hindi, it helps regulate blood sugar levels, helps with weight loss. Prevent overeating, suppresses appetite. Helps you lose weight.
38. Garcinia Cambogia – It is also called as Malabar tamarind and it is rich in hydroxycitric acid which increases fat metabolism. Also works as appetite suppressant.
39. Hydrangea Root – This root smoothens the ragged ends of kidney stones. Promotes kidney and bladder health.
40. Horsetail – Maintains good health of kidneys. Boosts immune system, regulates blood sugar levels.
41. Celery root – Diuretic herb, maintains good health of kidney and bladder. It reduces water weight and water retention.
42. Rosemary – It powers up immune system, rich in B vitamins, contains healthy fats. It also reduces the risk of cancer. Has diuretic properties, detoxifies liver, and is anti-inflammatory in nature.
43. Haritaki – It is an amazing herb which helps prevent cold and cough, prevents hair loss and dandruff. It also prevents diabetes, boosts immunity, and aids fat loss.
44. Cayenne Pepper – It has been made popular by Dr. Axe in his weight loss drinks. Cayenne pepper is a thermogenic food item that boosts up metabolism.
45. Aloe vera – Aloe vera juice in combination with lemon juice can boost metabolism and promote weight loss. One can also use aloe vera juice with ginger and green tea in the morning to lose weight effectively. Aloe vera regulates blood sugar levels, is rich in antioxidants that flush out toxins and detoxifies the body.
How To Use Aloe Vera Gel For Weight Loss
10 Best Herbal Pills for Weight Loss
The post 45 Herbs for Weight Loss and Good Health appeared first on Makeupandbeauty.com.